Last year, Lancing Commercial carried out over 1,500 MOTs at our purpose-built MOT test and service bays.
Our 20,000 sq. ft. premises on Lancing Business Park offers plenty of parking and a customer waiting room.
MOT Test Services at Lancing Commercial
- Class 4 – Cars, light vans up to 3,000kg DGW (Design Gross Weight) and motorhomes up to 4,000kg (but subject to width and length restrictions below)
- Class 7 – Vans up to 3,500kg DGW
- Class 5 light – minibuses up to 16 passenger seats up to 5,000kg DGW.
- Private hire taxi testing
- Private ambulance testing
- We test on a lift, so can accommodate vehicles up to 4.62m (15ft 2ins) wheelbase, 2.13m (7ft) width wheel to wheel and 2.54m (8ft 4 ins) total max width
- Motorhome testing for most UK manufacturers (including Hymer), but we don’t MOT twin/tag rear axle motorhomes. A-class Dethleffs with large coach type mirrors unfortunately are too wide for our lift
- Free retests within the allowed period
- We’ll always try our best on minor failures such as bulbs and headlight alignment to repair them at the end of the test : PRS “Pass with Rectification at Station,” but this will always be subject to the tester’s view and time available.
Please be aware we are NOT an Authorised Test Facility (ATF) for HGV MOT purposes. The nearest ATF to us is Rossetts Commercials, tel: 01903 223400.
MOT Repairs and Failures
Our modern commercial bodyshop and dedicated service bays allow us to carry out MOT repairs and diagnostics onsite quickly and cost-effectively, so that you can get back on the road swiftly.
If your vehicle fails an MOT, we’ll work with you to find the best solution to minimise the time your vehicle is off the road.
And, because we’re independently owned, we have no allegiance to particular manufacturers and can quickly source the best and most cost-effective spares and parts.
Request an MOT online
Please give 24 hours for us to respond to your enquiry or alternatively,
please give us a call on 01903 753852
Unsure what MOT you need?
If you are unsure of how the changes affect your vehicle’s MOT, call us today on 01903 753852 and we’ll be delighted to help.
Alternatively, visit the gov.uk website to find out more about MOT rule changes.
We provide emergency call out in workshop hours and facilities whilst you wait for emergency repairs and MOT.
Our office hours are
8am to 6pm
Monday to Friday
8am to 1pm
Leave a Message
Lancing Commercial Ltd
61 Spencer Road
Lancing Business Park, Lancing
West Sussex, BN15 8UA